Don't Date A Guy Who Travels

CTO: Byahe ni Drew. Don’t Date A Guy Who Travels

Don’t date a guy who travels, he’s not a great catch. If you think a guy who’s been everywhere is cool, then you are wrong. He travels for some reason. This travel junkie has lost people that meant the world to him and he is still doing fine. He no longer can afford to lose someone. For him, family and true friends will always be there but girlfriend won’t. He can’t give you his heart fully as it belongs to the people. Sure this guy is worth it but there are a lot of great guys out there who are more readily available than this one.

He is the one you always see chilling at the beach, wearing the same short for a week and everything he owns fits into his backpack. Sun-tanned, carefree and always on the go as best described. He has found comfort as he wanders the world.

He vows to never get a 9 to 5 job in an office ever. Don’t date him, he will never climb the corporate ladder to make six figures. If he does, he’ll magically pull some travel-related position out of his ass or something. He considers himself an adventurer but people would consider him a hipster. He doesn’t care enough of his career. You’ll never understand him. He’s too busy planning for his next trip. Sure he lives his life the best way he knew how.

Swipe left on Tinder if you find a guy who travels. He doesn’t care about his mobile phone. He’ll not be responsive in your morning texts and love quotes. He will forget to message you when he arrives at a new destination. You’ll often misinterpret him leading to arguments over text that usually weren’t a problem. He’s a real hater of the selfie fad. He’d rather use his photographic memory than taking pictures and share to social media. Don’t get him wrong ladies, there’s nothing wrong taking a casual photo of you but don’t overdo it.

He is cheap. He won’t pay for your gourmet meals on a date as well as he doesn’t want you to pay for his. He enjoys exotic street foods and a beer. Everything has to be on a budget.  The expensive makeup and fragrance you wear are worth a month of accommodation in the paradise of Southeast Asia.  Let’s say, he will not buy a headset for a long bus ride because what’s important for him is to arrive in the destination. He’d rather spend money on experiences than things.

Ladies, if you are clingy don’t date a guy who travels. You’ll get tired of him saying goodbye. He comes home for a week or two then embark on a new trip again. He can’t be with you in one place for a longer time. You can’t stop him from moving, the road is his playground. Remember, lots of couples break up because of long distance relationship. Will this kind of relationship last for you?

A guy who travels cares more about a passport stamp than celebrating a monthsary on a floating restaurant. You are not a priority. He will not stop telling you stories about his trips, discoveries, strange cultures and experiences all over the globe that will make you fall more in love with him. Eventually, your heart will break when he bids goodbye and seeing him again is just an anticipation.

Don’t date a guy who travels. For him, there’s no such thing as lazy weekend. He won’t take you to a movie date. He is booked for an adventure. He will wake you up at the crack of dawn to catch the perfect sunrise while sitting next to you. The waves are calling him. The mountains are waiting for him. A noise of a bird chirping is music to his ear.

Don’t date a guy who travels. He is numb. He doesn’t want to get attached anymore to anyone. He knows that being on the road you’ll able to meet friends who come and go. Though, meeting like-minded people gives him great time they also make the worst by just saying another goodbye.

So you’d love to have one for longer, but he is always on the move? By all means, go for it. Accept all his qualities as blessings not flaws. You’ll love him even more. It might be difficult in the beginning, but trust me dating a guy who loves to travel is guaranteed to be the best roller coaster ride of your life. The truth is, he doesn’t want to travel forever. He invests in what he loves until he is ready to paint a picture with someone to be his breathing partner. Understand and respect the guy who travels. Just hold on, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Comments

comments

OFW. Traveler. Virtual Story-teller Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhond Instagram: @thatmokie Twitter: @thatmokie Snapchat: @thatmokie

24 Comments

1. Thank you for writing and sharing this. I dated someone like that. I’ll be posting my own version on instagram.com/wild.woman.writing 💓

• Nice.. for sure you can relate.. there was female version of this in my previous post

2. Looks like a self biography description of the author himself.

• ohh.. really..? but yeah i youre right hehe

3. can we say the same for ladies?

• yes!.. check out the female version in my previous post.. hehe

4. What an absolute bullshit post. Are you bitter? Don’t generalise as this may be true for guys (& girls!) who travel but don’t put them all in the same basket.

Just because a PERSON doesn’t hold a 9-5 job or earn six figures and likes to travel doesn’t mean they cannot hold down a relationship and commit to someone.

This is a very narrow minded article which makes me think the guy you encountered who does like travelling and didn’t pay for your “gourmet meals” (seriously, how stuck up is this?!) was just NOT THAT INTO YOU.

• thanks by the way for reading.. you must be moved with the article.. but im not really generalizing it.. lets just say its somehow part of my biography.. heheh

• I think it is a very sneaky way to promote “guys who travel” haha! as long as they know how to budget and spend within their means, sounds like a great catch to me

5. Headline should be .

Don’t date me, I am a traveller and I do as I please without a care in the world.

Any sensible person would ask other travellers what they want in life before commit to dating.

6. I totally agreed on you.. When I asked my partner,- “what if we met like 10yrs ago, when you were still travelling and backpacking, will we ever stay together, forever? ” – “definitely not” – he said. Because those were the days / times when he wasnt ready to commit and still enjoying his time being single. Time flies and now, he found me.. Whenever he travels for work and if there’s a chance for us to see the world, he takes me wherever he goes.. 😊

• whata love story.. hope you share to the world.. so inspiring

7. A person who travels is totally different from a person who chooses to work remotely. I am a traveler, i love to travel. And if I am in a relationship, I would rather travel and experience the world with new experiences with my other half.
    You must really be referring to yourself as “your heart belongs to the people”. Does that mean you live to impress people? If I get a chance to travel and work remotely, I would, but with my SO. And I will not be doing so because “my heart belongs to the people”.

8. Absolutely true! Haha I remember my past boyfriend. Lol need to make an article like this based on what I had experienced haha

• you gotta!.. and share to us please.. hehe

9. Some people should learn to read between the lines. 😂

10. I’m the female version. I would travel anywhere rather than spending my time in the internet and dramas in life. I would rather spend my money for the things used in mountaineering than buying make up. Even though he doesn’t want me to go he can’t stop me. Because the beauty in this world that God made for us, keeps me on satisfying my spirit and keeps me on track with the rhythms of life. So if he really loves me he will not hinder your happiness. But if he wish to go with me then it would be perfect and i would love him ever more.

• hi nieva, hehe sorry i just approved it.. i love your honesty.. that is true

11. This is a tragic read. True? Maybe, but the post is so full of hurt I think it overlooks the fact that people are different. You could, after all, write a post about dating people who like to watch soccer or F1, dating people who like to party hard, or go to the gym relentlessly, or are ‘married to their job.’

I’m considering writing a post called “Never date anyone who wants to celebrate a ‘monthsary’ because seriously, WTF!” lol

12. Worth a million share mate. I am a traveler myself, have been on the road for seven years. I share my stories on my website http://www.backpackways.com . Often, people ask me when will I stop traveling, deep in my heart, my answer is just as the way you ended your interesting piece. Interesting piece.. Keep such posts coming. Cheers

• nice blog man!.. for as long as you are happy of you are doing.. she’ll wait for you!

13. Hi Reymond, that great to see your write up, cheeersss keep Rocking,I am also Traveller,but I am not good in write up,i need to keep informing on that one, as you did great…if ppls want to explorer hidden places in India can contact me any time, My passion is that take the adventure traveler in my Bike you want to explorer complete India and I want to take them in my Bullet bike & some them beauty of India…

Twitter
    @rakeshnataraj

My FB Profile

My FB Page
    Rocky & Ricky Traveler

My Youtube channel(New)

Delhi-Vadodara ride
    Trailer

Motion Pictures

My Nick Name Rocky & my bike name Ricky so producer of the film is (Rocky&Ricky Films) J J

Reymond it would great if you find sometime to look into my page & videos and share you view to improve

cheeerss
    Rocky & Ricky

14. Just don’t date me.

I love this article.

Try lang mok.

First comment here.

15. My boyfriend is exactly like this. He always go on a hike every weekend. He is not informing me whenever he goes. Sometimes I feel like I’m not his priority. But despite of that, he told me that he wants to experience those things before he settle down with me. My advice to those girls who has a boyfriend who always on the road, just trust him, support him and understand him. Just relax and everything will fall into place.